Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  a guide for afro centric relationships( for brothers and sisters)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: a guide for afro centric relationships( for brothers and sisters)  (Read 11928 times)
afrikanrebel06

« on: April 22, 2008, 03:49:51 PM »

most of the times, we are not willing to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask hard questions,how we relate to our partners,wives,husbands, are we emulating the eurocentric relationships,screaming yelling, one speaks over the other, we must honour our relationships,as afrikans, we have to go back to the old ways of being.
and follow the universal laws, we must develop wholistic views about afrikan relationships, there are lots of men, who have one or too many wives, and diffrent kids, if you gonna do that, study  about polygamy,which is anm afrikan system that was created to sustain the afrikan family and survival, dont do things out of context, de colonize yourself first, can you sustain all the kids,you are having with all diffrent women, learn and study about sacred sexuality, because sex is sacred,we afrikans dont do things like kaukasians,( some of us,have learned their behaviours) and it is time for us to un learn what we have learn, the caveman, hits his women, the vikings use to hit their women witha club,we arer not savages,the reptilians, aka krakkkozoids are the barbarians and savages, also if we have children, what example are we setting for them,so we have to havea wholistic view about parenting as well,and the same apply for the sisters,some man dont want to hear about themselves,they are so high and mighty,where is the humility!?
 some women came from abusive households and some not,ifa man emulates what
their fathers did, resentment will settle in. same goes for the men, we can not copy what our fathers did to our mothers, we have to break the cycle and be better persons,so the next generation wont have to go thru the  same thing as we did.
 here is what i suggest,if there is something bothering you, talk at the moment
dont harbour any bad feelings,it is not good for your emotional health nor your spiritual growth.
 stead of saying do this or do that,which is eurocentric in its best,try,what do you think is best,for us to do, what is the best approach.
 if you see something you dont like say,'' i dont think,it is appropriate what you did, can we talk about that''
 remember words carry energy and energy comes with sound, so if you say something with hostility and negativity,the other person on the receiving end will feel it. always weigh the circunstances,always weigh what you gonna say before you say it, is it gonna affect her or him, is it gonna have impact on the children.
and always ask yourself daily,how can i improve myself, and dont be affraid to ask ur partner,be it male or female,'' how can i improve myself!?''
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:57:42 AM »

Well written.

I'm new on this site and yet I have learned so much.

Blessings - More fire more life
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: