Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Sizzla Slackness!!!!???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sizzla Slackness!!!!???  (Read 25799 times)
RAS KANA

« on: December 21, 2006, 11:45:26 PM »

anyone heard the Sizzla/dam dash mixtapes??!!
Slackness to the fullest...

memba "Explain to the Almighty" ?? "killing is not of our policy"!!!

now...JahJah know...I had to say somethin...Sizzla is definitly talented...and used to be one of my favorite artists...I know some people have spoken on this topic before...but angain....anybody heard these mixtapes??
lahy-uh-nis

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »

Greetings!

Know where I may be able to get a copy online or international music stores?

Guidance!
RAS KANA

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

I dunno mi bredda, i jus randomly came across it. I think at Reggae DVD magazine :
www.lyricdvdmag.com and look fo it it's crazy Idren....
RastafarI

-Kana
RAS KANA

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 12:39:54 AM »

http://www.lyricdvdmag.com/browse.php?cat=mixtapes&page=1&a=0512161318
African_Disciple

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »

well, InI cannot judge Sizzla by the 3 songs I have, but I think as long as he is a dancehall artist.. a place for slackness still can exist.. or am I wrong? What is that song about?
RAS KANA

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »

blessed,
no Idren you are not wrong...but I've recently found out a lot of tings that gwan with Sizzla...he juss dissapointing....Because i love his older Rasta music
Empress_Tracy

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

Blessed Heart of Sabbath! I am new to this forum, I come across it now as I was researching on Garveyites. Perhaps I should not I-spond to this post since this is I first post. But, I will but I say these words with humility and humbleness.
Rastafari is a serious livity. As a bobo I n I follow the commandments, as should any rastafari child. The third commandment says, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain." So, when ones and ones come and make songs about Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari, sing them not in vain. I know that reggae gives a lot of strength and hope to the rastafari children and all children who listen. But, Rastafari is more then words but are actions. For the father tells us, What are words without works? I am not one to judge, but maybe ones and ones get caught up in the money thing and forget the path. Now, they singing songs that sells the cd's, which is pressured by babylon. So now I n I hear on one tune bout Jah and another tune bout guns and slackness. Even the videos that I see hardly ever have empresses in them, which I-pport the royal bond of King Alpha and Queen Omega. I have even seen some singers in performance, which was nuff folly. How can I n I sing bout jah but not do jah works? Many works need to be done!
Well, I have said enough, but remember I say these words with I-spect. Heart of love! 
I Shack

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »

We can't be so quick to judge, but personally I'm not so much into newer reggae artists and dancehall. There's some wicked tunes but it's not coming from the same place. In the 70's reggae was real man it was coming from the ghetto, people  being beaten by the police for speaking di truth and these pioneers made it possible for all di artists today to have careers. I'm not very surprised to see slackness in reggae these days. I mostly listen for the music, there's some good message but it's not di same as roots reggae. Blessings
blackwombman

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »

BLESSED LOVE MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES

It is Imperative to remember that REGGAE Music is not RASTA music .Rasta Music is tarbanacle hymns and chants .REGGAE DANCE HALL is not JAH music it may talk of RASTAFARI and BOBO ASHANTI livity yes but it is not the music of the rastafari.Yes alot of us were conscientised by sizzla antony b jah mason etc.. some of we are were even musicians on our way to recording and contributing to reggae.But we have come to see that reggae music of today is really folly - and had to let go of those ambitions -ultimatley the quest  is not to be the reggae star but to inherit the kingdom of the Most high-The are many other ways to liberate and conscientise the world not only thru music-like Prince Emmanuel said the music can lead one astray.I for one still listen to roots reggae Peter tosh buny wailer them are positive- the image  projected by  artists and rydem on which nuff artist ride pon today  is way out of line .

As for kalonji leave him alone its his life u know-he will pay for the confusion him ah bring-Those who truly seeking the light of Rastafari will distinguish between reggeaism and RASTA LIVITY.

SELAH.
blackwombman

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 08:28:20 AM »

BLESSED LOVE MY LORDS AND EMPRESSES

It is Imperative to remember that REGGAE Music is not RASTA music .Rasta Music is tarbanacle hymns and chants .REGGAE DANCE HALL is not JAH music it may talk of RASTAFARI and BOBO ASHANTI livity yes but it is not the music of the rastafari.Yes alot of us were conscientised by sizzla antony b jah mason etc.. some of we are were even musicians on our way to recording and contributing to reggae.But we have come to see that reggae music of today is really folly - and had to let go of those ambitions -ultimatley the quest  is not to be the reggae star but to inherit the kingdom of the Most high-The are many other ways to liberate and conscientise the world not only thru music-like Prince Emmanuel said the music can lead one astray.I for one still listen to roots reggae Peter tosh buny wailer them are positive- the image  projected by  artists and rydem on which nuff artist ride pon today  is way out of line .

As for kalonji leave him alone its his life u know-he will pay for the confusion him ah bring-Those who truly seeking the light of Rastafari will distinguish between reggeaism and RASTA LIVITY.

SELAH.

Greetins Earlier on i posted the above message.This is before i viewed a sizzla kalonji performance with foxy brown -then immediatley after Sizzla video b strong-
The colour the energy the spirit of Sizzla was vibrant alive electrifying I n I King man Were moved to tears ,my 5 year old princess was mesmerised-THIS WAS PROPHET SIZZLA-

Demon Dash has be SENT BY BABYLON TO CONFUSE THE ANOINTED ONE OF THE MOST HIGH -

Just Like the  way they POPULARISED BOB MARLEY TO reduce the serious urgent message of Bob Marley to  JUST another genre a white maN  can bop too.

Sizzla Kalonji is the BOB MARLEY OF THIS TIME .PROPHET SIZZLA   IS THE MOST PROLIFIC PLAYED EVERY WHERE REGGAE ARTIST OF OUR TIME -
Who better to confuse then the brightest light-

I FOR ONE WILL NEVER AGAIN BASH SIZZLA KALONJI NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES HE STIILL A HIGH INSPIRATION.

BLESSED LOVE

SELAH.
RAS KANA

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »

Yes I give thanks for the view. I love Sizzla same way.
BLESS
Rascassa

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 08:11:23 PM »

Yes I, the I them a hear mi now. Sizzla a good artist, trust mi is jus that di man a go through a lot of phases being a leader of his crew, artist, etc. A lot a things going on right now and the I dem a fi just pray fi di man fi yes up inna im self. Now with the gangsta thing, no doubt sizzla a bad boy but one weh a hold di peace fi a long time now and it is not the first time I a hear somebody tell him fi whatever him madda!!! My favorite artist Bounty tell him that back in 2000 on Champions in action loud and clear! Even emphasise seh him and him rasta fren dem fi go bade. The ras jus kept him cool cause him dun know what time it is. Furthermore the words of our mouth can really get us in a lot of trouble. On that show, sizzla had drawn a tune about shooting Pharoh head from off a di pillow so bounty took it personal. Again, lyrics, words; They just have to keep it lyrical and not physical worse when it is not even a clash ting. So jus bear wid di bobo and pray that the words of his mouth and meditation of his heart acceptable inna JAH sight! Sraight!!!
Rascassa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: