Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 64 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  Jesus married
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Jesus married  (Read 123015 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: November 15, 2003, 08:09:31 AM »

Jesus was called 'Rabbi' by the Pharasees and I read Rabbis had to be married men. The Knights Templar had the knowledge that Jesus was married. The Church tried to eliminate this Order because they knew too much. Other Books of the Bible are eliminated that told the marriage feast of Cana that was Jesus wedding to Mary Magdeline. A great slander was done to Mary Magdeline making her to be a whore of little importance. To tell that Jesus was truly all human the Church could not teach he was Divine. Next followed the Oath of Celibacy.
I've read alot of gnostic texts from the link below and I personally thing Jesus was married.

Bantu-Kelani.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

http://www.womenpriests.org/magdala/magd_ovr.htm

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 09:58:55 AM »

Peace.

So the question that pop-culture Jesus-ians must ask is not:

"what would Jesus do?"

but rather:

"WHO would Jesus do?"

Grin
are you deep enough to be shallow?
TREE-NATTY

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 12:55:19 PM »

HEy I'm new to the forum

But Jesus being maried is true from my findings in the Bible. When Jesus went to the wedding and one of the guest said that the wine had ran out. Now if anyone who have ever experience this you know that if this would happen (wine running out) you go to the groom to tell him. Thats just what happen in this case the man went to Jesus and told him that the wine ran out.

TREE-NATTY
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 01:41:23 PM »

Welcome to the board TREE-NATTY. Give us ample examples for I do not see how your claim supports mine in an intelligible way.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 01:54:06 PM »

To further support my claim Jesus was married, I say Mary Magdalen was an Temple Priestess!

Four pieces of Gospel evidence strongly point to Mary Magdalen as a temple priestess of the Goddess. The first is her title "Magdalen" almost identical to "Magdala," noted to be the name of the triple-towered temple of the Goddess Mari-Anna-Ishtar. Literally, "Mary of the Magdala" signifies "Mary of the Goddess Temple." Christian tradition has said that Mary is of the town "Magdala" or "Migdal," which was known as "The Village of Doves," a place where sacred doves were bred for the Goddess temple. In either case, two threads of strong symbolism link the name Magdalen to contemporary Goddess worship.

Next, Mary is known as a prostitute, just as the Goddess priestesses were titled "Sacred Prostitutes," although a more recent and accurate translation titles them "Sacred Women" or "hierodulae". Such prostitutes were considered evil by Jewish leaders of the time. That Jesus (Yeshua) would associate with such a woman would indeed invoke the scorn of his disciples, as is recorded in the New Testament.

Thirdly, Mary Magdalen is identified in Mark and Luke as the woman who was possessed by seven demons, which Yeshua cast out of her. The seven demons were a symbolic part of a temple ritual known as "The Descent of Inanna" one of the most ancient ceremonies known, recorded in the Epic of Gilgamesh. This ritual was known to be practiced in the Jerusalem temple of Mari-Anna-Ishtar.

The last, and perhaps strongest, piece of evidence is the anointing of Yeshua with the sacred oil, an event which (uncharacteristically) was recorded in all four New Testament Gospels, pointing to its significance. The anointing of the Jesus' head with oil (as described in Mark 14:3-4) is an unmistakable symbol of The Sacred Marriage, a ceremony performed by temple priestesses.

Read "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold" by Acharya S

Bantu-Kelani.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 02:17:29 PM »

Peace.

"
Thirdly, Mary Magdalen is identified in Mark and Luke as the woman who was possessed by seven demons, which Yeshua cast out of her. The seven demons were a symbolic part of a temple ritual known as "The Descent of Inanna" one of the most ancient ceremonies known, recorded in the Epic of Gilgamesh. This ritual was known to be practiced in the Jerusalem temple of Mari-Anna-Ishtar."

our beloved sacred prostitute with the seven rays on her head. the woman who was the model for the statue of liberty was indeed a French prostitute. babylon is alive and well.
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 12:06:46 AM »

Wow, this is all new to me... give thanks for the information. If anyone else has more information on Mary Magdalene please post it as I am very interested.

Give thanks Iyah for the blunt truth... CHA

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
ILovGod

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 08:37:34 PM »

People can read and write false stories on Jesus, and people are so easy to believe them. No Jesus was not married he is God, and there is nothing in scriptures to say that Jesus was ever married, there's nothing in scriptures about A so called wife, or name of a woman that was ever married to Jesus.
Quit reading false doctrines and get into the real book call the Bible its full of truth.
Jesus was called rabbi meaning teacher, because they refuse to accept Him as Lord they saw Him as a teacher only.
Jesus mother went to Jesus to ask for a MIRACLE to turn the water into wine not a guy.
Mary Magdalen was not the woman who poured oil on Jesus head the bible only says that it was a woman, and Jesus said she did this to prepare His body for  burial not a wedding as you said, and this thing that she did was done becaues Jesus forgive her of her sin Mark 14:3-10. Anything added to this is false.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 09:47:38 PM »

ILovGod,

Jesus is not God.  He is the Son of God.

"But these have been written down that you may believe that Jesus the Christ is the Son of God..." -Jn 20:30

Jehovah is God.  

"That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, YOU ALONE are the most high over all the earth." -Ps 83:18

But I do agree that Jesus was unwed throughout his life.  Marriage was not a part of his purpose while he was here on the Earth.  He was in the temples studying the schrolls as early as 12 we know from the gospels and after his baptism, when Jah spoke from the sky saying "This is my Son, the beloved," he knew his ultimate destiny was to have his life offered up in behalf of those who would exercise faith in his name.  Marriage, being a union between man and woman usually for the sake of a family arrangement simply did not abet his purpose of serving the ransom sacrifice for all mankind.

These things that are not included in the Bible are Gnostic texts and have been deemed non-canonical because they are not in accordance with the main gospels.  They could not print gospels that contradict one another, could they?  Obviously one or the other was spurious.  Which?  The less common one.  The illustrations of the Gnostic gospels did not seem to have eminated from Jesus and were likely either passed on from hear-say and were words that were attributed to him, but not actually his.  Either that or they were fabricated altogether.

The reason this unscholarly gossip appeals to people is because it paints the picture of Jeshua as a carnal minded person just like the rest of humanity; it debases the fact that he was of divine nature and had a pre-human existence in the heavens.  Anything the demons can use like this to debase Christ and his Messianic purpose is used...because falsifiers love to feed on the fecal matter that so-called scholars churn out.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 12:52:32 AM »

As I have stated, under Judaic laws of the time, the historical Yeshua/Jesus could not be a "Rabbi" unless he was married!! But Yeshua marriage and his children are the secret Christianity does not want you to know, because the early Christian church leadership was based on the concept of apostolic descent, which only works if Yeshua died without heirs. In the 1200s, the Catholic Church, in order to consolidate power, undertook to erase from the world the descendants of the historical Yeshua and all public record that they had ever existed. In the process, 1/2 the population of Southern France was murdered. If the cunning, unscrupulous priests say he was not married, people believe it. Why? It clearly and distinctly known Catholism and Protestantism both always practice a lot of covering up with a view to enslaving people, both body and soul in which in their ignorance people find their own account.

A true spiritualist reads Universal wisdom from all sources!! Materialistic people must first learn to use their own individual brain, instincts and ingenuity before they conquer knowledge and spirituality.

Bantu Kelani.

Nazarite

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 10:02:49 AM »

Haille I -1. The Gospel of Philip:

... the companion of the [...] Mary Magdalene. [...] her more than [...] the disciples, and used to kiss her [...] on her [...]. The rest of [...] ... They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?"
(Elaine Pagels,The Gnostic Gospels, p. 64)

this part of the fragment is usually translated as

... the companion of the [Savior is.] Mary Magdalene. [But Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, and used to kiss her [often] on her [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples were offended by it ...] . . . They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?"

another section of the Gospel of Philip which mentions Mary Magdalene as the companion of Jesus

"There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selassie I /Empress Menen-Y'shua/Mary Magdalene,Perfect Balance
out_of_Zion

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 10:07:46 AM »

Untrue.  Calling him "rabbi" does not mean he WAS a rabbi.  "Rabbi" means "teacher," which he was, a teacher.  In the same sense, I am a minister, but I am not a pastor or priest.

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 10:13:23 AM »

"The reason this unscholarly gossip appeals to people is because it paints the picture of Jeshua as a carnal minded person just like the rest of humanity; it debases the fact that he was of divine nature and had a pre-human existence in the heavens."

Indeed he does have a pre-human existance in the heavens, in fact, the whole story of Jesus is based on astrological allegory.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 11:56:58 AM »

you know I meant the spiritual heavens and not the starry heavens... Tongue

iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 12:59:44 PM »

"you know I meant the spiritual heavens and not the starry heavens..."

I did not mean to misrepresent what you said. I was just offering a new(old) way of looking at the words which you spoke.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: