Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  The whites who cause the problem...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The whites who cause the problem...  (Read 48834 times)
Ryan

Roots

« on: June 13, 2004, 08:05:34 PM »

The whites that cause the ill view of whites in Rastafari are the ones who are rich, and who are looking for excuses to smoke the herb, and to go off and use it for fashion. The ones who cause the problem are the ones that use it to get at their parents for some reason. And of course the ones that uise it for profet and sell merchandise of Rastafari and Reggae. All this has imbeded this image on all white rastas making them seem like they "are" Rasta for the same reason. Causeing the few true white Rastas take the punishment and making it imposible for many to take them serious.

We need to get past this race illusion and look at people as individuals before race. Although I am proud to be white, Jah Jah gave me this heritage and i am not going to deny it. I curse the people who manipulate the bible, enslave the people, and start wars, but i am not them, and many whites arent them. I hope you all see me and others as who they are and not what skin tone they have.

Bless
Ryan
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 01:04:30 AM »

No matter the color of skin, Rastafari knows when one is dealing with the heights of Sellassie I or is an imposter. I don't see any white Rastafari taking punishment for anything, by your works ye shall get your pay.. no one needs validation to hail Sellassie I so therefore there is no punishment for skin color in Rastafari.
I can't blame black Rastafari to be skeptical of white people coming and claiming Rastafari and searching for acceptance. It's not only the rich white Rastas that create the common view of white Rasta.. Rastafari is AFRICA first, and many ones don't live for HER, and yet are attracted to the royalty of Rastafari's appearance so they will wear the crown and the apparel without doing the works.  
Only more guidance and love on your journey
Blessed

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 04:58:44 AM »

It is easy for you to say that only certain whites are the problem. The reality is that all whites are inculcated with superiority complexes. And as a white person you benefit materially from the oppression and exploitation of Black people.

It is easy for you to say that race is an illusion because you benefit from white skin privilege and have little or no understanding of the reality that Black people (especially the darkskinned/kinky haired ones) face in their day to day living.

You will do good to read the following:

No Colorless Rasta Movement: http://www.rastaspeaks.com/articles/18082003.html
Moral Degradation of White Privilege: http://www.rastaspeaks.com/articles/06082003.html
Racism and Distortions: http://www.rastaspeaks.com/articles/2004/1301.html
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 12:48:41 PM »

and then you've got ones like this who say they are rasta..
Jah knows

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
out_of_Zion

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 12:57:42 PM »

Blessings Ryan.  It is good to see ya here and open minded to learning from the well educated brethren and sistren on this site that I have had the privledge of getting to know throughout the last year.

Ryan , this site, if you properly benefit from it with an open mind and heart will allow you to see things that are rooted within your consciousness you don't even know are there.  INI never did consider myself a racist, and I still do not say that I was necessarily, but I held many views that were products of racism - and I am willing to bet you do, as well, tough though that may be to admit at first.  To realize that blacks are oppressed is easy, to realize how and that we benefit from it is what is not easy.  In fact, it's painful.

Even though you & I may not be the direct cause, or indeed even our ancestors may not (I don't know in your case or not), as long as Babylon is the way it is, we gather benefits from having white skin - and we can't simply turn them away - society has already granted them.  We're not racially profiled.  We're not classified in school without already having performed.  We're not given fake laws like affirmative action that only affirms that change is needed so badly they have to make false laws to attempt to promote it.  

Further, the last thing you'll come to realize is that this world has made absolutely no strides in race relations at all and many people you may know and respect are just as racist as the whites years ago that promoted segregation, they only hide it better...I am not writing to move you to guilt, and neither are ones here necessarily, but INI will assure ya that you're consciousness will rise here.

Peace.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
out_of_Zion

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 02:56:32 PM »

Jah knows

everything

and there isn't anything that will be hidden from El Shaddai our God.  (eccl 12:14)

nyamabla

Rastafari

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 04:26:07 PM »

The whites that cause the ill view of whites in Rastafari are the ones who are rich, and who are looking for excuses to smoke the herb, and to go off and use it for fashion. The ones who cause the problem are the ones that use it to get at their parents for some reason. And of course the ones that uise it for profet and sell merchandise of Rastafari and Reggae. All this has imbeded this image on all white rastas making them seem like they "are" Rasta for the same reason. Causeing the few true white Rastas take the punishment and making it imposible for many to take them serious.

We need to get past this race illusion and look at people as individuals before race. Although I am proud to be white, Jah Jah gave me this heritage and i am not going to deny it. I curse the people who manipulate the bible, enslave the people, and start wars, but i am not them, and many whites arent them. I hope you all see me and others as who they are and not what skin tone they have.

Bless
Ryan

raspek
who needs to get past what you call the racial illusion. what illusion? how old are you my yute.

"Causeing the few true white Rastas take the punishment and making it imposible for many to take them serious.
"
how di i gonna chat true rastas and you say race is an illusion. wan take a field trip. meet i on the corner of minnesota ave s.e. and benning rd s.e. and lets take a walking field trip into the benefits of this illusion you ah speak of.

illusion. them hours i spent in that jail cell for fitting the description would have to be emmy nominated. copperfield dont have anything on them boys. ohhhhh that night when i&i friends were pulled out the car by them 10 officers because there was a robbery in the area and we might be the ones cause you know we looked like some robbers. illusion.

blessed same way

p.s. the field trip can be scheduled for any time due to it being a 24/7 shituation.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

The reality is that all whites are inculcated with superiority complexes.

I'm always very suspicious about generalizations.

I'm not saying that white privilege inexists, but the sentence above seems a bit out of reality.

reality and idealism is different. And reality is relative and not absolute. An absolutist mind will lead to ilusions and not to reality.

Still it's possible to see and understand a generalizations towards whites.

One thing I check when studying relations among nations: Majority of people tend to dislike the US for their imperialism (like any powerful nation who eventually goes into this kind of project). But the strangest thing is how the vast majority of nations are always looking for $ help from the US which seems to be the ones who know how to make $ in this world we live in and that no project will go on without $. So, what's the point.

I understand africans need first to reorganize themselves internally before they can spread their relations, but are africans waiting to do things alone? If so, this must be really a powerful plan as I don't see nations beeing able to live by themselves if they don't have international partners to work.

If I suppose that all whites are evil should I suppose that all blacks are devine?

May the light shine and people live...

Are there people in the world that are not looking for: the right for living, freedom and power?

Are we going to live eternally in this struggle among nations or we have other plans for humanity?

Mandingo

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 12:41:36 PM »

One thing I check when studying relations among nations: Majority of people tend to dislike the US for their imperialism (like any powerful nation who eventually goes into this kind of project). But the strangest thing is how the vast majority of nations are always looking for $ help from the US which seems to be the ones who know how to make $ in this world we live in and that no project will go on without $. So, what's the point.

I understand africans need first to reorganize themselves internally before they can spread their relations, but are africans waiting to do things alone? If so, this must be really a powerful plan as I don't see nations beeing able to live by themselves if they don't have international partners to work.

If I suppose that all whites are evil should I suppose that all blacks are devine?

May the light shine and people live...

Are there people in the world that are not looking for: the right for living, freedom and power?

Are we going to live eternally in this struggle among nations or we have other plans for humanity?
Mandingo

The U.S. and other G-8 countries have established the same ecnomic vampire system(capitalism) through force and covert action in the countries they have "colonized" and since these countries have not had a revolution and done away with capitalism(IMF, World bank, globalization "free" trade), the same puppet leaders(usually put in power or given a seal of approval, or bullied into submission) have to ask for money from the U.S.(and her cronies) the same money that was actually derived from the natural resources and land of the PEOPLE in the first place. The U.S. isn't good at "making" money. It is good at sucking the life blood out of less powerful nations and people for the U.S. and G-8 countries.

Until the PEOPLE organize then this vampire system will continue. If any place on earth could be self sufficient it would be African with it's vast natural resources...Cuba is self sufficient, it has no I.M.F debt either....Self sufficient doesn't mean no trade with other countries....It means your resources aren't getting exploited/robbed from you to benefit the oppressor elites abroad..instead they benefit the masses of people within....It is also no coincidence Cuba has no debt and ISN'T capitalist.

The point is self-determination and liberation. I would rather be poor and free than a rich slave.

The only person that can free the slave is the slave. Africa and Africans globally must organize unite and free ourselves...

Until all nations of people sit equally at the table, and not just sit at the table but dine from it, there will be struggle...la luta continua...

I hope you are addressing some of these questions to the oppressor elites, and not to the oppressed...To ask the oppressed to move on to bigger and better things, when they haven't got the monkey of exploitation and oppression off of their backs is insulting.

Forward to a united Africa!
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 03:21:32 PM »

I hope you are addressing some of these questions to the oppressor elites, and not to the oppressed...To ask the oppressed to move on to bigger and better things, when they haven't got the monkey of exploitation and oppression off of their backs is insulting.

correction...I meant  to say "when we haven't got the monkey of exploitation and oppression off of our backs"...

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »

Your views and opinions are so stereotypical of White knee jerking naďve or denialist rhetoric. It's quite old now, but a classic from you.  Any so-called "Afrocentrist" with a half-wit would know that the emphasis on political, economical and cultural development of Europeans and Euro-Americans (Chinese, Japanese, Hindu, and Arabs likewise) has always been NATIONALIST. Western powers emerged as the foremost industrial empires by preventing traders of non-White nations from increasing their commercial interests. They did and continue to do so by exploiting rivalries between different tribes and ethnic groups in those nations, imposing Christianity, European languages, European laws and administration for the sole benefit of their Western countries economies. Therefore, Black nations, people and communities on this planet should aslo NOT use assimilationist policies anywhere on earth!  We too MUST use Nationalism to ward off NEO-COLONIALISM, the recurrent Western and Semitic invasions, aggressions and religious hypocrisy.    

The first sentence above is a very asinine comment. Are you missing the point deliberately? Trying to cover it up with a silly diversion? Or are you really this dull? Militant Black Nationalism is not racism! Revolutionary Black Nationalism is an ideological short and long rage program for Blacks to claim their fair rights and JUSTICE in a brainwashing, racist and segregationist world dominated by White people! It has nothing to do with White hatred or the belief that Black people are Gods. Certainly you do pray to the image of a mulatto Black/Semitic God, do you not? So, your argument is mute and utterly hypocritical.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 03:35:29 PM »

My point is the oposition of this two realities of nationalism and globalism. By globalism I mean to be open to trade and money resources (at least) if culturally is not the point.

I`m not sure a country can survive alone in this days (and I live in a huge country wich is Brazil). Now, the point of fighting for better conditions to us doesn`t necesseraly mean to be against others or to be excludent.

Regarding cuba, I`m not sure it would have survived without the USSR during the cold war times and now it is all open to foreign investments.

I`m not a US follower but I surelly don`t want to directly opose it and when i talk about us I talk about a politic representation and not all US citizens.

The point is the confrontation between nationalism and globalism (again using this term i`m not refering to a vampire system - for everything has utility for the ones who know how to use things, as we are now here taking advantage of a US military technology to comunicate from long distances and beeing able to strengh one another...

It`s easy to say down babylon, but what are the ways, out of the intelectual speculations....

And regarding all white people beeing devil representers and all blacks beeing pure and clean... come on, please!!!

Mandingo.

Haile,
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 04:51:05 PM »

My point is the oposition of this two realities of nationalism and globalism. By globalism I mean to be open to trade and money resources (at least) if culturally is not the point.

I`m not sure a country can survive alone in this days (and I live in a huge country wich is Brazil). Now, the point of fighting for better conditions to us doesn`t necesseraly mean to be against others or to be excludent.

Regarding cuba, I`m not sure it would have survived without the USSR during the cold war times and now it is all open to foreign investments.

I`m not a US follower but I surelly don`t want to directly opose it and when i talk about us I talk about a politic representation and not all US citizens.

The point is the confrontation between nationalism and globalism (again using this term i`m not refering to a vampire system - for everything has utility for the ones who know how to use things, as we are now here taking advantage of a US military technology to comunicate from long distances and beeing able to strengh one another...

It`s easy to say down babylon, but what are the ways, out of the intelectual speculations....

And regarding all white people beeing devil representers and all blacks beeing pure and clean... come on, please!!!

Mandingo.

The way is mass organization...that's the only way. Organization of the masses of African people and political ideological training.

Marcus Garvey, Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah, and Seko Ture had the answer.

And why did you even ask the question about Blacks being pure and white's being devil representers if you didn't mean it? That kind of silly commenting, when people are discussing serious issues about mass human suffering is not cute! I ignored it the first time around, but then you have the nerve to say "oh please" when Kelani points out how assinine it was(which is only fair for her to do so)...I hope you aren't trying to make light of African people's global struggle?  

Ras Mandingo

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 06:34:10 AM »

It looks like i'm sounding like defending all invasions and barbarism (and new ones to come).

I'm certainly not trying to be desrespectful or a distractor. If I came here to reason is because I feel there are important things to learn.

But sometimes I feel this reasoning over how this capitalist empire is evil and how whites are helpless sounds more intelectual and idealistic then practical.

Not beeing in favor doesn't mean beeing against. I have no intentions of moving to africa and no intention of beeing black, as I'm not, but I do feel I can listen, learn and improve, love and share with a range of different people (or are we not humans who dispite the diference of conditions and realites, share similarities and a common origin ?

I'm trying to understand what is the point here: africa and rasta is for blacks and whites should be ignored and keept distant...and if they do honestly wish to help this cause they should be helping to implode this evil system among other whites....that's it Huh

And if whites look for power, who doesn't (in the different ways that it will be expressed according to different cultures and life interpretations)

Just a last question, what is assinin ?

Mandingo

Haile,
out_of_Zion

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 07:29:14 AM »

Mandingo, I thought the I was black this whole time.  You live in Brazil...are you Brazillian & of hispanic origin or white?  Alone curiousity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: