Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  a white girl with dreadlocks..? comments on that?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: a white girl with dreadlocks..? comments on that?  (Read 135406 times)
IrishRastaman

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 04:03:53 AM »

And 'Can some one put up some link so I can...' that makes you sound more like 7. And I would if I had a nice link in mind deliberately ignore you as I suspect many may be doing now.

why would people ignore me i'm just trying to find some more info
Makini
Makini

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 06:49:51 AM »

couldn't resist myself

after saying you sound more like 7, this 'why would people ignore me i'm just trying to find some more info' was your 7th post or rather it was the number of posts next to your name when I saw it last...

but good things follow the '7', interpretate as you wish.

-M-
IrishRastaman

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 08:14:06 AM »

i hope i dont offend any1 by saying I am a Rastafarian i'm still reading up on it as much as i can....
siger

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 05:44:17 PM »

i raise a glass to Makini...

the english one would say, "spot on!"

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Makini
Makini

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »

i really REALLY can't resist myself

i come to read the new post up by Siger and see that this is the 3777th time someone (my click being the 3777th click, not person) has checked the post out...perhaps the lucks not on you Irishman, but on I...

but i think i more like your attitude now, this demanding business not cutting it. you are not so conscious of it and that is really all fine.

You say: 'i hope i dont offend any1 by saying I am a Rastafarian i'm still reading up on it as much as i can....' and if people (i being one of the last persons that would offer up my view on such since I am not Rastafarian) are offended, whats next?

-M-
Makini
Makini

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 04:25:31 AM »

hmmm, a couple things

a clash of mine, not deliberate in any way...I referred to IrishRastaman as Irishman. may seem as i was 'selling' out my position, but hey, really it has a ring to it 'Irishman'. there was nothing deeper than that when i typed the word.

and on that note, siger says 'the english'... i'm being petty? its 4am, so i will let go. perhaps i alone caught that or i am looking for company.

and i was thinking siger, i think you can do better, much much better...'the english one would say, "spot on!" allow me to be so open as to say i rather hear what the african one would say. i mean, you hail from kampala horse, what would you say...say something akin to you. here i might say 'fuh true', 'yuh damned straight'...get my drift. who will raise us up but us.
siger

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »

na' hurura....

-how's that!!!! Tongue

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Makini
Makini

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »

Smiley

ha, you have to tell me in what language though but poa...

-M-
chuff1026

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 02:21:34 PM »

Iīm writing in a hurry, correct my mistakes if I make any..
Iīm a 16-year old girl and Iīm white. I would love to have dreadlocks, but to me it only means hair that is easy to "use" and itīs so natural, I travel around a lot and I wouldnīt need to wash my hair so often and it would always look nice and I wouldīt have to worry about it.. so to me itīs only hair. I know the history and everything, I know that it means a lot to most people and now Iīm afraid that I might be accused of ripping off black culture.. which is NOT my intention. and it got me thinking should I, or should I not? I know that no one 
who is white and has dreads means to offend or insult anyone, so whatīs the deal? should I be afraid of getting beaten up the next time I go to america or england? or am I exaggerating?

get them
Killuminati33
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »

Roll Eyes  why are people entertaining the krakkkazoids,alliesn,the reptilians,dont understand,now i understand the diff between the one luv,flower power rastas, from true garveyites! flower power and one luv type will be embracing white rastas and  pan africanists and true garveytes will be dropping da machette on the one luv,flower power white rastas and one luv type all alike Angry
  Grin time to clean up da house!

Typical answer from someone like this.  Two Thumbs
Killuminati33
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »

Citizen,

Can you highlight for me ONE SINGLE culture that has not moved foward as a culture without reflecting on its past achievements and its OWN history SEPERATELY AND WITHOUT THE OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE OR INFLUENCES of other foreign cultures?

I suspect that you will have a hard time doing this because as far as I am concerned, there isn't one. However if you think differently please let me know, as it will certainly give some most needed credibility to your concerns.

As far as cultures forming their own separate identities go, the whole of Asia did it, the Jews do it on a daily basis, Arabs do it, and Europeans have done it. Why is it that you and most other Europeans are of the opinion that Africans do not deserve this same courtesy? Is it just because technically, Africa is your Mother? ANY culture that does not recapture its history on it's own without someone else inputting their opinions or offering their unwanted and unnecessary 'assistance' is a DOOMED culture.

Why is it that at the slightest suspicion that the African Peoples are trying to rebuild their identity, EUROPEANS ESPECIALLY start making a fuss claiming that Africans are being anti-social and separatist? Then they go ahead sticking themselves in the middle of things claiming that they have just as much right to be here as anyone else. (this damn 'white privilege' is a real bitch, yo! for real!) Considering that it was YOU and YOUR ancestors that had Africa and her peoples in bondage for 500 years, don't you find this attitude on your part and on the part of most other Europeans at the very least, a little bit strange or at all selfish? Seriously, now!

I'd REALLY like to hear your comments on this.

Haven't you realized by now that out of the multitude of varing cultures that populate this planet, ONLY Europeans (Africas' previous conquerers) cry foul when they see that Africans just want to be left alone to rebuild themselves? Again, do you not find this a bit strange? Why is it so hard for you to just leave us be? Just because we generally don't say anything to you doesn't mean we don't want to enjoy the convenience of our solitude... have some consideration, for god's sake!

In so many ways Europeans remind me of a pre-adolescent child that starts throwing tantrums anytime their mother barely steps out of ear-shot, just because it can't continue nursing off of it's mother's milk.

It is high time that you Europeans grow the hell up and release your death grip on Africa and the African peoples, because if you do not, YOU WILL KILL US. Then you wonder why we would ever think you arn't commiting genocide on us. Go figure!

...and NO! It is most certainly NOT in your place to tell us that we are just 'seeing' things either. Only who feels it knows it!

Isn't this a bit off topic? I thought the subject was about a 16 year old white girl getting dread locks? Why do you have to rant on about Europeans? Is this the right thread to post things like this? Why not make your own thread to let out your frustrations on this instead of changing the subject of other threads? I know you must feel pationaltly about your beliefs and I admit you are probably right.

At this point I think its impossible for whites to leave Africa alone. In our day Africa itself is ridden with disease,ethnic war,religious war and rebel clashes. How did it get this way? Was it because of White involvement with divide and conquer tactics? Quiet possible. But I do not think it is entirely the white mans fault for the way Africa is today, White people have left Africa for the most part and there are few Europeans remaining in Africa. With no overt White control over all of Africa, shouldn't Africans start making peace with each other? Why is Africa ridden with war and conflict. Kids in Liberia who boast about killing there enemies then eating there Heart. You people say how we are so sick and immoral? It does not matter we are all human and we all have the same capacity for good and evil. When one has a greater capacity for good or evil such as with large empires,technology or anything else it is obviously going to be more prevalent throughout the world.
Still_an_Empress

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 07:57:16 AM »

When was the last time you been to africa?
So whose fault is it for Africa's current status?

[/quote]

I do not think it is entirely the white mans fault for the way Africa is today, White people have left Africa for the most part and there are few Europeans remaining in Africa. With no overt White control over all of Africa, shouldn't Africans start making peace with each other? Why is Africa ridden with war and conflict. Kids in Liberia who boast about killing there enemies then eating there Heart. You people say how we are so sick and immoral? It does not matter we are all human and we all have the same capacity for good and evil. When one has a greater capacity for good or evil such as with large empires,technology or anything else it is obviously going to be more prevalent throughout the world.
[/quote]
indigo_mama

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 04:37:52 AM »

Iīm writing in a hurry, correct my mistakes if I make any..
Iīm a 16-year old girl and Iīm white. I would love to have dreadlocks, but to me it only means hair that is easy to "use" and itīs so natural, I travel around a lot and I wouldnīt need to wash my hair so often and it would always look nice and I wouldīt have to worry about it.. so to me itīs only hair. I know the history and everything, I know that it means a lot to most people and now Iīm afraid that I might be accused of ripping off black culture.. which is NOT my intention. and it got me thinking should I, or should I not? I know that no one 
who is white and has dreads means to offend or insult anyone, so whatīs the deal? should I be afraid of getting beaten up the next time I go to america or england? or am I exaggerating?

historically, and i do not mean to incite any replies referencing the common ancestry of all mankind, dreadlocked hair is not unique to rastafarians, as dreads existed long before the professed deity of selassie, neither are they only customary for blacks. hair that was not brushed, locked up. it is natural for all mankind. do not interfere with nature and do any crazy backcombing or 'dread perming' just let your hair live without assault of a brush and comb, just the loving care of your hands, and it will be as whoever you believe tobe your creator intended it to be, and most likely dreadlocked.
I MAN

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »

Greetings all,

This question goes out to all those in this forum who classify themselves as white (i.e. direct decendents of other Europeans) with respect to all those who have been classified as non-white (i.e. members of the African Diaspora):

Precisely what is your attraction to the rastafarian and consequentially, to the Pan African movement? Can you please elaborate on your motives? (preferably in point form).

Thank you.

Fiyah burn the one demanding answers from others, as opposed to trod I path.
I and I sense bigotry and oppression in your post..

Zhindzi

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »

Greetings all,

This question goes out to all those in this forum who classify themselves as white (i.e. direct decendents of other Europeans) with respect to all those who have been classified as non-white (i.e. members of the African Diaspora):

Precisely what is your attraction to the rastafarian and consequentially, to the Pan African movement? Can you please elaborate on your motives? (preferably in point form).

Thank you.

If you want to uphold the system by way of division then yes you can say i am white
Like all those with higher overstanding of the system that is made to destroy us i am willing to fight.
With this kind of knowledge you have to be on the side of good or evil.
To be on the side of the Most High is to defend Africa
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: