Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  White 'Rastas' should reason on racism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: White 'Rastas' should reason on racism  (Read 66437 times)
Ayinde
Ayinde

« on: May 02, 2003, 04:42:25 PM »

Posted By: Ayinde, Rastafari Speaks Forum
Date: Thursday, 1 May 2003, at 8:24 p.m.
In Response To: Re: Can the Whiteness of Mind be Changed? (ROOTSWOMAN)

"Not to mention the FACT that bleached flour, sugar, etc is DILUTED (weakened) from its original, natural (and healthier) BROWN/RAW beginnings...and cannot be reversed."

I suspect that you were speaking metaphorically and I am adding in case this is not understood.

These products don't have a will and the ability to choose for themselves. But I hope other Whites can show they are different to mindless products that cannot change on their own.

Speaking for myself, I am not writing people off without giving them the opportunity to reason out our differences. I cannot form a hard line position on all Whites because I know a few who are making great strides (although too few and they still have a way to go). But I do see many come on these forums and use the words 'one love' and 'Respect' hoping all would be well by the repetition of those words. That is why I try to keep away from those words unless I am sure the person to whom I am using it really deserves it.

####

Why would more Whites, and some who feel they are White, not want to engage a reasoning on a Rasta setting to acknowledge that racism exist and to tell us if they see it as a serious problem worth addressing?

Is it not a problem for them?

How can they embrace Rastafari, in and amongst Black people and not want us to seriously address this issue?

How could people speak about ‘one love’, Respect, and all the other nice sounding words and not want to put this respect and love to the test?

Could it be that some would like to get involved but are afraid?

Could it be that they really have never given it serious thought?

Could it be that they have taken the position that it cannot be resolved therefore there is no reason to discuss it?

Do they expect Africans to embrace them with 'one love' without proof that 'one love' this time does not mean enslavement, exploitation and another marketing strategy?

Should we conclude that most Whites amongst us are simply not interested in the concerns of the more informed Africans?

Or is it that an issue is only relevant when Whites feel to put it on the table?

Should we all stop the race talk and only listen to reggae music and smoke weed, while some white are using Rastafari to build businesses and promote hypocrisy?

Posted By: ROOTSWOMAN, Rastafari Speaks Forum
Date: Friday, 2 May 2003, at 4:24 p.m.
In Response To: Re: Can the Whiteness of Mind be Changed? (Ayinde)

"Why would more Whites, and some who feel they are White, not want to engage a reasoning on a Rasta setting to acknowledge that racism exist and to tell us if they see it as a serious problem worth addressing? Is it not a problem for them?"

How can one truly OVERSTAND something without direct EXPERIENCE? One may sympathize…one may empathize…but unless you walk in the shoes of another, you’ll never really overstand to a FULLNESS what that other person’s DAILY experience/reality is. When you are part of a collective who, generally speaking, receives "carte blanche" (white card) or WHITE SKIN PRIVILEDGE, how can one be expected to overstand the AFRIKAN EXPERIENCE of oppression under that collective system/order/culture?

"How can they embrace Rastafari, in and amongst Black people and not want us to seriously address this issue?"

Because it forces them to look deeeeeeep within the very recesses of their MENTAL DNA, psyche, natures and historical patterns, which are but a reflection of their cultural "ASILI" (seed). It is often too horrific to have to look in the mirror and realize you represent the very image of a people who have historically proven to act in very BEASTLY fashion (as opposed to GODLY). It is often much easier to bury your head in the sand, while repeating the "mantra" ONE LOVE…ONE LOVE…ONE LOVE…and not being part of a people who experience the opposite of "one love" on a daily basis. Their "one love" concept is an ANESTHETIC they use to prevent from FEELING the deeds of their ancestors, as well as to keep us mentally enslaved and "in our place".

"How could people speak about 'one love', Respect, and all the other nice sounding words and not want to put this respect and love to the test?"

Coz its easier to pontificate than to come forward with ACTION.

"Could it be that some would like to get involved but are afraid?"

Fear is a negative concept. It is FEAR of genetic annialation, which is the essence of their New World Order and historical pattern. Fear of the "wrath of God" for the wicked deeds imposed on ALL OTHER PEOPLES OF THE EARTH. Fear of Judgment from the Creator for the abuse of His/Her Creation and Children.

FEAR is the root of RACISM!

"Could it be that they really have never given it serious thought? "

Perhaps…but what is thought without action? It is nothing by intellectual masturbation.

"Could it be that they have taken the position that it cannot be resolved therefore there is no reason to discuss it? "

How does one begin to take out tiny grains of sand imbedded in sand?

"Do they expect Africans to embrace them with 'one love' without proof that 'one love' this time does not mean enslavement, exploitation and another marketing strategy?"

YES. History speaks for itself.

"Should we conclude that most Whites amongst us are simply not interested in the concerns of the more informed Africans? "

We can never really make blanket statements or generalizations, but based upon HISTORICAL PATTERN and the present day order…. I would say that the "concerns of more informed Africans" FORCES them to look within (and their past/ancestors), which is most uncomfortable and difficult for many (not all)

"Or is it that an issue is only relevant when Whites feel to put it on the table?"

Again, history speaks for itself. If whites present it…it must be "right". If "the more informed Africans" present it…it is "angry and militant". This addresses the issue of PSHYCHOLOGICAL racism imbedded DEEPLY in the minds of many. If its white…its right. If it’s brown, don’t’ stick around. If its Black…STAY BACK.

"Should we all stop the race talk and only listen to reggae music and smoke weed, while some white are using Rastafari to build businesses and promote hypocrisy? "

Perhaps this is the "master plan" disguised behind ASSIMILATION? Behind all the "one love", "can’t we all just get along" thing, hasn’t Europe proven to us that under all his talk of "universal" love is ECONOMIC EXPLOITATION? Some Africans say, 'The white missionaries came. They gave us the Bible, but they took our land.'"

Brothah Ayinde, give thanks for the questions/reasonings. Let me reiterate that I am speaking in GENERAL terms and not making blanket statements. But I must repeat this again and again. When we are discussing the European psyche/nature/history, we are addressing the COLLECTIVE deeds, not the individual.

ROOTS
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 11:58:50 PM »

Re: Resistance...., Rastafari Speaks Board
Posted By: Iyabinghi Ashanti Zebulun
Date: Thursday, 1 May 2003, at 7:50 p.m.

Again in light of all the discussions on race that presently pervades this board, I am going to address these BURNING questions to all caucasians of Rastafari. Rootsie, untojah, Freespirit, Sister Iriejah and others who know themselves need not worry, as on several occasions you have expertly addressed this which makes the I's exempt from these questions. Now:

CAN YOU OVERSTAND THE KNEE JERK RESISTANCE OF AFRIKANS TO YOUR PRESENCE IN THE MIDST OF THIS PRO-BLACK, BLACK NATIONALIST, PANAFRIKANIST AND BLACK SPIRITUALIST MOVEMENT?

Honestly speaking do you truly overstand, why there exist distrust of your intentions and motives?

Do you overstand why it is that you are severely questioned on all aspect of this livity, especially when you step into our village and proclaim to tell us how to run it?

Do you truly overstand the immediate resistance?

Do you overstand the reasons why you cannot lead this movement?

Do you overstand that even if I'n'I black sistrens and brethrens, even when wrong in their approach, still has the right to question your authenticity, your motivation, your presence?

Do you overstand that it is an outright insult to I'n'I, when you try to define this livity, fixing it to meet your needs, dictating to I'n'I about this Afrikan enlightenment that I'n'I have given to the world?

Do you truly overstand the root of this BLACK MOVEMENT and what it truly signifies to I'n'I as a people?

Do you truly overstand what I as a people collectively have gone through, first being BLACK and then being RASTA?

Do you truly sight this as a BLACK MOVEMENT and that platiudes of one love and quoting from Haile Sellassie(the BLACK GOD, as perceived by many of I sistren and brethren), to teach I people about Rastafari, that it does not sit well with I'n'I?

Do you realize that when you do that, that you are overstepping your boundaries as a caucasian in the midst of this BLACK MOVEMENT?

Do you realize that some of your attitudes immediately reminds I'n'I of your ancestors wickedness toward I people?

Do you realize the extent of the pain I'n'I feel for what your ancestors has done and is still doing to I'n'I people?

Do you sit and ponder on these things before you embrace this BLACK COVENANT? Do you realize that I'n'I have the RIGHT(!) to question your motives?

Will you give credence to those RIGHTS and not preach to I about peace and one love?

As if I'n'I have no idea what that means. Who is the real SHAMAN/RASTAMAN here?

It was I who first said "peace and love" even in the face of BLACK AND WHITE DOWNPRESSORS!

HOW CAN YOU TEACH I TO KNOW, WHEN YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW HALF THE THINGS I KNOW?

HOW CAN YOU TELL I RACE DOESN'T MATTER?

DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT EVEN A STATEMENT AS THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT WHERE YOUR MIND AND HEART IS?

DO YOU REALIZE THAT SUBLIMINALLY YOU ARE PERPETRATING THE VERY SAME INTENTIONS YOUR ANCESTORS HAD AGAINST I'N'I PEOPLE?

WITH THE BIBLE IN THEIR HANDS, THEY TAUGHT I'N'I TO PRAY WITH OUR EYES CLOSE AND BY THE TIME WE OPENED THEM, THEY HAD OUR LAND! IT IS THE SAME THING AS SAYING RASTAFARI IS JUST A ONE LOVE MOVEMENT AND THAT JAH DOESN'T SEE COLOUR ONLY THE HEART. DON'T YOU THINK I'N'I ALSO KNOW THIS BUT THAT THIS IS A BLACK MOVEMENT BORN OF A PEOPLE'S DOWNPRESSION? OUT OF THIS DOWNPRESSION AROSE RASTAFARI. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE IT OTHERWISE? WHY????????????

ANSWER I'N'I CLEARLY WITHOUT TAKING THIS PERSONAL. ANSWER I'N'I IN TRUTH AND LIGHT. ANSWER I'N'I FROM THE HEART SINCE THAT IS WHAT JAH SEES.

BLESSED HEART OF LOVE! RASTAFARI ONE BLACK LOVE!

Check the responses on the Rastafari Speaks Board
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 04:52:49 AM »

Give Thanks for your words Ayinde, really!!!

I guess white people can see a reflection of what their ancestor did in words and attitudes like your. Did is very nice. This stimulates the perception. I feel is not possible for a white person to see all that you discribed in fullness, as the opressed, because he never was one. But he can feel the refelction and the consequences of what the ancestors did and feel and live againg all the agression and evil attitude. Feeling this again, and in a strong way, with the help of such honest, strong, Kingly and decent people, as a karmic treatment. One can work out a lot of blocked energies inside one never even thought about.

Sure the race topic is important, because is a reality. I feel that every topic that disturbs a group of people and disturbs the energies creating bad vibes MUST be reasoned UNTIL ALL PEOPLE FEEL RELIEVED AAND CAN WORK DIFFERENT ATTITUDE AS THE RESULT OF REALLY HONEST AND LIBERATING REASONING.

Speaking for myself, I was raised by two black women, as my parents were always travelling and didn't have much contact with them.

Living my childhood in the countryside, most of my collegues were black and brown. I was never exposed to agressive insults related to the color of my collegues/friends skin. For me they just had different tons of color, but wasn't something I would carer to observe.

Going to school was when I realized that there were really less people from other races (blacks and Indians). Also, there was still no race debate in the schools and the only side of history told was the colonialist one. Now this is changed. In this new government, Lula has created a Minister for the equality of races, were there are lots of reparation movements happening: legally recognizing the lands of the quilombos, teaching the african and the Indian side of the
story in the school, opening more space in the universities for black people.

My girlfriend is black and she was sauing to me two sentences that discribe the feeling towards Africans in brasil, still:

"A Black man standing still is a suspect, and running is a criminal".

"A poor white  man is black, a rich black man is white".

In my view, most white people really don't care (and don't wnat to know) about race story, and in Brasil there's tendency to say it's a non racist country, but still find strange to see a black man/woman with money for example. So, still there's a feeling that black people are servents. And minimum salaries and police force are just the modern ways to keep slavery going on.

All your questions are worth of credit, them all go right into the point. And most white people probably didn't even think about that because they didn't feel it in their skins, see!!!

Well, that's what I have for now, I hope I could help developing this reasoning.

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 05:28:33 AM »

I forgot to mention:

There's a similar erasoning in Brasil regarding Capoeira. Capoeira is an african art and was introduced in Brasil by Congo-Mende Africans.

Capoeira was originally only for the black people.

Now Capoeira is for "everyone" and where is this leading it?

I remember a black friend asking to a Regional Master about the africanicity in Capoeira and the Master would say: don't worry about beeing black, be a man. Now, this are the same people who now want to say that capoeira is a brasilian art, from the afro-brasilian (?).

In Angola style one can see the principles and direction towards african livity, eventhought it's open to all people, but the focus, the destiny is african liberation, and all good heart people is welcomed to join.

In Regional, CApoeira is just nice kiks, you see. They jsut got the art to make it a product, and want to go abroad to "spread the culture" when they just want to make money.

I think they are very valid questions?

What white people look for in Rasta?

How is white people going to behave in Rasta?

What is white people going to do with Rasta livity?

Do they want to correct/reparete ancestral sins? Do they search for becoming better human beeings? Or they just want to have a good time, or to find another product to sell?

Probably, white people have to pass through a period of feeling INFERIOR, so that they can compensate so much superiority feeling.

Give thanks to JAH for the possibility of beeing here,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »

Greetings Dear Bethren and Sistren,

I have alos noticed that white "Rastas" tend to avoid racial discrimination topics. I questionned a white "rasta" the other day about that and what was his stance about it he jiust completly ignored my question but did not forget to tell me to avoid reading too much progressive and pro-black materials. What this all about? They can say all they want that they are "rastas" but the truth is, they are FIRST of all whites and protectors of their privilege.

May the Light of Jah save us ALL!

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 04:19:04 PM »

The reason I am staying with this issue is because there is much Rasta could do but it is limited because of the distrust among all those who claim Rastafari.

I always felt that if different people have to interact and reason well, then underlying prejudices should first be addressed. Without addressing them, then there is no reason to try to become friends or anything more with those who are not interested in working through deep-seated prejudices. There is no use keeping a relationship with people whom you continually distrust except for the purpose of working out those differences (i.e. Racism and Gender ignorance) Mind you, it is the same hypocrites who continually try to chide Africans for generalizations as if a generalization amounts to the experiences of Racism.

The real issue is integrity or lack thereof.

It is not as if people do not understand that these issues should be resolved before we can build as a collective. It is like some people feel things are already in their favour so there is no need to 'rock the boat'.  (More illusions)

I am seeing a new argument about Rastafari being a spiritual journey and not a Black movement. (on the other board) Who told that person that Black issues are not an integral part of spiritual development? Dealing with prejudices are part of character building and that is the most important part of spiritual development.

Actually, this is a very dishonest argument because most Whites who embrace Rasta did so from the perspective of its resurgence in the 1930s and as such they are trying to identify with Rastafari from the perspective of the Black liberation struggle.

Once White people's awareness of Rasta is limited to the 1930s onwards then they cannot identify with Rastafari in essence (spiritually). They cannot do so for the simple fact that they did not and cannot have the experiences of the Africans who felt compelled to go their own way and recapture symbols of Black leadership. They could study it as hard as they like and all they would get is an understanding but not the knowledge that comes from real/realised identification.

Identifying is bonding (spiritually) with the essential knowledge of something. This can only be attained through direct experiences or through realizing Oneself through the experiences of others. If people are trying to bond through a spiritual journey (self-realization), then they must go through certain well-defined paces to realize similar experiences. (Not to actually go through the experiences but to realize them. I hope people get this point)

Africans can legitimately have all three relationships with Rasta at the same time. They can identify with Rasta Spiritually through self-reflection, which has its roots in Africa and Black awareness. Africans can identify with Rasta as an earthly movement because they continue to experience the same negative discriminations that gave rise to it. Africans can also identify with Rasta in a symbolic way because they can look the part after going through the legitimate processes.

Whites can only have a Spiritual and a Symbolic relationship with Rastafari. If they lack the spiritual awareness then what looks like a symbolic relationship is in reality an insincere cosmetic relationship.

It is the same with other types of relationships. There is the physical relationship (A movement), the Symbolic relationship and the Spiritual relationship. Only people with shared experiences can start a movement and those who continue to share those experiences can lead the movement with any measure of credibility. Other people can have a Spiritual relationship (bond in essence) with anything they cannot directly experience.

However, if people feel they could dismiss the underlying reason a movement started/resurrected then they are dismissing the keys to rise in it spiritually.

Rastafari in essence is a spiritual thing, Rastafari as a movement is a Black liberation struggle and Rastafari lacking the understanding of the spiritual aspects and its earthly movement is strictly cosmetic/fashionable.
Princess Tracey

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 07:18:52 PM »

Reasonings that reveal light and illuminations that compell one to respond in kind..thank you Ayinde...for you speak from a human depth and spiritual essence that I can relate to and respond to in kind, with an abiding mutual tone of respect...

I am therefore willing to engage in a reasoning with you, because you FIRSTLY respect me as a spiritual human being connected and interwoven into all of life's essence..you and I being an integral part of the whole...neither one over the other.

therefore...I can drop my defenses...come to the table...and reason.  

Can I tell you how much I appreciate that you seek not to rub my face in the past transgressions of my ancestors, but rather HELP me to explore the conditions that created it in the first place...where it has brought us...and how it might be possible to work TOGETHER to help change the mindset that gave rise to it's ignorant inception!!  I therefore become WILLING to LOOK at myself, and SEE the effects that are made manifest both through my actions.. or the lack thereof.

I have observed there to be alot of assumptions about alot people being thrown around on this board ( mostly on the general board ) about why people are even here at this Rastafari Speaks site...and that goes for both black and white!  Perhaps it is just me...but I feel that I can only speak for MYSELF and NOT for entire race of people. After all...there are so many dynamics that go into creating HOW a person comes to view the world in which he lives..who am I to even BEGIN to say what might motivate another!!!

Certainly, there most definately are generalizations that can be made with regards to historical references, patterns of behaviors, and legacies left behind in the aftermath.  But too often, these are slung around like weapons of mass destruction...where there seems to be no fruitful forwarding.. just ranting, and utilizing vast intellectual knowledge to incriminate, discriminate, judge, and sentance guilty as charged....

what then... is the purpose being served?

Truly, may WE help GUIDE each other's reasonings into more CONSTRUCTIVE ways...HELP vocalize and recognize each of our diverse experiances and  overstandings without constantly chastising each other and gettiing into degrading downward spirialing debates that serve only to puff up our own self interested perspectives/viewpoints..ie..egos...
talk about intellectual masturbation!!

I think alot of white people on "this board" will attest to many of the grievences brought forth, and are in fact, willing to look, and try to figure out some way of dealing with the race issue constructively...otherwise...why are we here??
But I also think that the reason why you don't hear from more white people is because they have to first get past all the visceral emotions of a very complex situation. Plus, there are just some people on this board that often exude an "attack" postition...an "Us against them" mentality ...and are ready to pounce with the slightest provocation a whole host of historical facts, figures, and attrocities, to rub some deep foul stinkin shyt onto some smug white faces..

Sometimes I think it is the natural order of things for this generation of whites to serve as the whipping post for much of the justifiable anger within many of our black brothers and sisters....so much has been pent up...so much has been kept down...the time at last has now come for this mighty nation of people to rise AND CLAIM BACK IT'S STOLEN HERITAGE AND CULTURE !!!  "Africa for Africans"...is now finally a blessed realization that IS finally coming into fruitition.. IS being expressed...and NO longer will be muted or silenced...it is a mighty river that has broken the silence of the dam that otherwise would seek to stop it's tidal flow..

my blessed beautiful black brothers and sisters...do you not know...can you not feel the love and respect that many of us white brothers and sisters feel for you???  Many come to this board to learn from you, and share with you...for YOUR spirit TOUCHES US!!  You teach us such stregnth and resiliancy from your indominable SPIRITS!!!  HOW COULD WE NOT NOTICE??  Rastafari helps OPEN our eyes!!  TEACHES us a new way...a better way!!

Though much was, and is, born out of the African resistance...much also comes in the form of the "olive branch"..to touch, to heal, and reconcile, Jah holy children of light back together again..

My beautiful eyelightful African brothers and sisters...

I...WarriorPrincess...who stand tall and fight for truth and justice...stand at thy door and knock...who amongst you will let me in??

May we sit at thy Father's holy table...reason and learn...and partake of holy bread TOGETHER!!

fireball love

Jeff

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 08:15:39 PM »

Greetings Ayinde

Yes I, we as 'white' Rastas should Reason on 'race'-ism every-day that JAH Give.

JAH LOVE
Jeff
Rootsie

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 08:49:56 PM »

Bredren Jeff and Warrior Princess makin I feel proud to be white!
LOL inna ONE LOVE,
rootsie

Ras Ayinde the I in true Shaman/JAHman manner is pushing this to a higher level clearing a space where healing can take place. Give thanks for the I gracious generosity of spirit.
RasIene

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2003, 10:35:11 PM »

Greetings Ayinde, Ras Mandingo, Jeff, Empress_Rootsie, and Warrior Princess and Rootswoman.

Caucasions of today have gravitated to almost every so call religion, cultural philosophical movement, faith and belief.
Just as the same for Blacks. The big question is what cause each race to be drawn in that manner.

This is a philosophical question which does not really require an academic learning to answer. However, I think the very people that are asked to provide reason on their Afrocentric belief in Rastafari are in fact seeking answer themselves by their subscription to its philosophy.

Blacks have conducted great atrocities on  to their own people in ways that cause many other Blacks on the outside to ask why? especially when they are themselves Black and should overstand suffering from a Black perspective.

Man people now follow Jesus Christ and yet they do not step or forward as Jesus did while he trod earth. For example, as we are told that Christ was poor, humble and often asked the rich to abandon their riches and follow him. How many will abandon their riches for some poorer than them.

Caucasion right now are followers about Rasta and not necessarily of Rastafari. It is obvious that there is a searching not necessarily for Rastafari but a livity so unknown-perhaps to all people that follow Philosophical Religion.

If my father beats my brother constantly that sores result over his body and then ask my brother to wash his feet. Who should I pose my questions to my brother or my father? and If I do what would be the answer I am seeking?

I have always admire how the American Muslims have spelt out in their paper, "What the Muslims want" and then they list what they want. I often said, how simple and clear they have made their point to any one. Now what kind of want do they have? is it one to be fill or is it one just to make a point of what they are about.

Now I and I question is, What cacausion Rastas want? It would be interesting if we could have that out in the air.

Selassie I.

RasIene.  

Jeff

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2003, 11:31:04 PM »

Greetings RasIene

I cannot speak for other Japhet Rasta, but I personally don't 'want' anything but to Live Good, however I can. I can not help what happened in I Life, I cannot explain how I started sighting Haile Selassie and RastafarI, Rasta just came into I Life when I was a youth, and it has had a Serious impact ever since, you know? How can I Reason that in a 'logical' fashion? This is where JAH has brought I today. I try and do I best, and so here I Am, what can WE do? That is what I want to Know, because I am Up for suggestions, serious.

JAH LOVE
Jeff
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2003, 12:27:44 AM »

What notable contribution do white 'rastas' bring to the rastafari movement and what positive deeds do they bring to the BLACK race worlwide ? What have they done to alleviate our misery and oppression of those of other oppressed around the globe?? Adopting our religion, culture and fashion have always been their habit and too often to pervert it. IMO few white 'rastas' mean good though they do nothing or almost nothing to change things, so their 'one love', 'peace and unity' rethoric means NOTHING! They should not be told or asked what to do to help the Black race, if they really mean to do it then THEY SHOULD DO IT! The majority white 'rastas' are phony anyway. They are NOT interesting in the depth of Rastafari its awesome Spirituality, the AFRICAN uplift, self-relience and pride. They are just interested in the the superficial part of it: reggea, ganja and dreads. Rastafari is another way for them to rebel agaisn't their people or something to feel COOL or whatever hypocrisy they have in their mind...
I personally don't believe a white man or white woman can claim AFRICA to be ZION!  Because if it was for them, so then what would be Europe, the U.S, Russia or wherever lthey may live? Their land, their 'beloved' countries would be second after Africa?? How can they put their land, their people and themselves second?? I've never seen in my lifetime a white person put him or herself second, and it would never happen! Why do they not stick with their own culture or religion? Why do they always have to copy or take from us? Rastafari was one of our greatest tool of INDEPENDANCE, now it's (almost) not that anymore. What else do we have left in this world? They are everywhere. They control EVERYTHING! Since white (fake) rastas have been taking over Rastafari IMO Rastafari has less and less meaning and Black (true) rastas are having less and LESS.. .

I know this post will offend many, especially white 'rastas' but I spoke my mind. No everything we read, hear or LIVE is pleasant,  I can relate to that EVERYDAY! I even don't know if someone will respond to it. I do not care eventually..I spoke my mind that's all.

May JAH be our Guide to real FREEDOM.  MAy H.I.M protect those who suffer!

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2003, 01:43:55 AM »

One more thing ..white 'rastas' claim to 'love' African men and women. If they 'love' us so much why I never heard of white rastas being arrested, tortured or murdered for our Race and our cause like it is systematic for our BLACK Leaders and prophets. Talks are just talks, without action they mean nothing! Of course I'm talking of white 'rastas' in general, but they are part of a white family, of a white society, of a Eurocentric dominated world. For the action of an individual to be significant it has to also be done in general by the Mass! If the Mass does not do it, if the general does not do it then it has not real impact on the single individual! So if white 'ratas' love us so much and really mean to change things for ALL OF US BLACKS then they have to PROVE IT in general, in Mass, WORLDWIDE! They surely know what the black Race and oppressed people needs to get economical and political EQUALITY, JUSTICE, INDEPENDENCE and DIGNITY back! We've been crying it since the very FIRST DAY their ancestors started wreaking havoc in the whole world. I repeat if they really mean what they say then they should prove it!! Certainly THE WISDOM AND POWER OF JAH WILL INSPIRE AND GUIDE THEM TO DO COMPASSIONATE DEEDS!

Ideed... JAH ALMIGHTY HAILE SELAISSE I IS FREEDOM, OUR STRENGTH AND POWER!

SisKelani-

Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2003, 04:58:19 PM »

You are articulating the feelings of many Africans.

These issues are critically important if people truly wish to learn from the 'Black Ones'. They can come to the table but cannot learn essential truths if they are still of the impression that they are somehow superior to where their help is coming through. In that case they will not position themselves to learn but instead their presence will be an imposition on the process.
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 04:06:30 AM »

Given that the only place where diverse people can have real identity is in the essence of things, then it is there we should be working towards fostering unity/oneness. When this is achieved on that common plateau then it is far easier to translate what is learnt there into actions here on earth.  

This is a way out of this earthly quagmire but it is only available to those who choose conscious development. This allows for a higher level of reasoning, in, with and among our true selves.

This common ground in the essence of things can be perceived and lived within. It is the inside of life that most people are out or touch with. It is the inside that is yet to consciously guide the outside. It is the side that is in each person but yet to be re-discovered by most. It allows for a higher level of reasonable discourses and actions where the only rules are those set in the indisputable laws of nature that can be reasonably discerned.

People of all races can choose the conscious world starting from within their selves, which illuminates all paths on earth as well as the heavens. Here reasoning is pure and communication takes place on multiple levels at the same time. Here individual selves accelerate on the basis of their character and not earthly possessions. Here consciousness, conduct and clarity of reasoning are the only means to quality actions.  Here people can commune with the inner Universe and travel its broad range of interconnected ideas and events. Here the essence of history is crystallized and made clear. Herein lies the past, the present and the future. Here is the real home. Many are called but few are chosen only because few choose to take up the challenge to go within.  

Of course, consciousness has many levels, but with no manmade rules, it is fair to all irrespective of race, social standing, age, sex, and all other physical 'abnormalities'. Here people can reason together without fragile egos, and truths are blissfully sweet.  

I am suggesting to those who are interested in pure truth and justice that they pursue conscious development. Conscious development clears the way for decisive actions and the realization of one love, not in mere words but in the full expressions of oneself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: